Enter to Win the Metroland Media Canada 150 photo contest Sweepstakes & Giveaways
the Metroland Media Canada 150 photo contest
1. Agreement: These rules govern the “Canada 150 photo contest” (“Contest"). No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. The act of entering the Contest constitutes acceptance of the Contest rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and the Contest judges, which decisions shall be final and binding upon all entrants.
2. Sponsor: Metroland Media Group (“Sponsor").
3. Eligibility: The Contest is open to all legal residents of the Province of Ontario that are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. You are not eligible to enter if you are (or you live with) an employee, officer, director, representative, agent, consultant or supplier of the Contest Sponsor or any of its affiliates (collectively, the “Promotion Entities"). Contest Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of the potential winners. Incomplete or illegible entries, bulk drop offs, photocopies, scanned copies, facsimiles or other mechanically or electronically reproduced entries will not be accepted and will be disqualified.
4. Contest Entry: To enter the Contest, go to Insidetoronto.com/contests, Mississauga.com/contests, Bramptonguardian.com/contests, Yorkregion.com/contests, Simcoe.com/contests, Muskokaregion.com/contests, Parrysound.com/contests or Northbaynipissing.com/contests read these Contest rules, and follow the on-screen instructions to fully complete and submit the Contest entry form. A valid e-mail address will be required. The Contest Period begins at 9:00 AM ET on Jan. 19, 2017 and ends at 5:00 PM ET on Feb. 22, 2017. The prizes will be awarded to the entries with the most votes at the end of the contest period. The winners will be selected by 5:00 PM ET on Feb. 23, 2017. Winners will be contacted by email and will have 2 business days to respond or a new winner will be selected. No substitute will be provided. Sponsor will not mail, deliver or courier the prize and is not responsible for any unclaimed prizes. In order to be eligible to win a prize, each selected entrant (or his/her parent or legal guardian if a minor) must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without assistance or mechanical or electronic aid.
5. Voting: Upon submission, entries will be posted on Insidetoronto.com, Mississauga.com, Bramptonguardian.com, Yorkregion.com, Simcoe.com, Muskokaregion.com, Parrysound.com and Northbaynipissing.com to be voted on by the public. There is a limit of one vote per person, per photograph, per day. Voting will close at 5:00 PM ET on February 22, 2017. The photos with the highest number of votes in each will be selected for the prizes. In the event of a tie, the winning photo will be selected by our newsroom staff. Each potential winner will be contacted by telephone or email by a representative of the Sponsor by February 23, 2017, and must reply within 48 hours to maintain eligibility. If a potential winner (or his/her parent or legal guardian if a minor) cannot be contacted within this time period or fails to respond to any attempted contact, such potential winner will be disqualified, his/her entry will be declared null and void and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select the eligible entry with the next-highest number of votes in the relevant category, in which event these provisions shall apply to such other eligible entry.
6. Prize: Three (3) prizes are available to be won. Approximate prize values, first (1st) place $100.00 CDN, second (2nd) place $50.00 CDN and third (3rd) place $25.00 CDN. Each winner must come to one of the Metroland offices listed here to collect your prize:175 Gordon Baker Rd. Toronto, ON M2H 0A2, 3145 Wolfedale Rd. Mississauga, ON L5C 3A9, 580B Steven Court, Newmarket ON L3Y 6Z2, 21 Patterson Rd. Barrie, ON, L4N 7W6, 11 Main St. W, Huntsville, ON or 66A Bowes Street, Parry Sound P2A 2L3 to collect the prize won. If the winner does not claim the prize within two (2) business days of notification, another the eligible entry will be selected and contacted and the first selected entrant will have no further claim to the prize. Sponsor will not mail or courier the prize and is not responsible for unclaimed prizes. The prize cannot be transferred or substituted and the event will not be rescheduled if a selected entrant cannot attend. Sponsor shall not be responsible for lost, damaged, stolen or unclaimed prizes. Each winner is responsible for transportation to and from the event and all other expenses not listed. No responsibility is assumed by the Sponsor for cancelled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled events. Transportation arrangements must be made by the winner at the winner's expense. If the winner is unable or unwilling to accept or otherwise redeem a prize on the terms it is awarded, the prize shall be forfeited and no cash or substitutes will be provided in whole or in part. In order to be eligible to win a prize, each selected entrant must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without assistance or mechanical or electronic aid.
7. Release, Copyright Assignment and Waiver of Moral Rights: Each entrant irrevocably assigns and transfers to the Sponsor any and all rights, title, and interest in each photograph submitted including, without limitation, all copyright. Sponsor shall have the right in perpetuity to reproduce, copy, display, distribute, edit or modify any entrant's photo for use in connection with this Contest or other marketing and advertising purposes, and each entrant waives any and all moral rights he/she may have in any photo submitted. Each entrant agrees to complete and sign all documents necessary to confirm the rights granted under these official rules. By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the posting of his or her entry, including any photo or related caption or comment, and the use of his or her name, likeness, image, photograph, and comments online, in connection with the Contest, without any further notice, review, approval, consent or compensation. In addition, each entrant acknowledges and agrees that posting a photograph online brings that photograph within public view, and the Sponsor will not be held liable for any copying, reproducing, re-posting, or unlawful use of the posted photograph, or any other injury, damage or loss to entrant or any other person that may result. As a condition of being declared a winner and prior to being awarded the prize, each selected entrant will be required to show valid photo ID and to sign a declaration of eligibility and release form (i) releasing the Sponsor and its related parties, as well as Facebook Inc., from any and all liability in connection with the Contest and/or the prize; (ii) confirming compliance with these Contest rules; (iii) consenting to the use of his or her name and photograph, in any and all forms of media, without further compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Sponsor and/or its advertising and promotional agencies; and (iv) assigning all intellectual property rights, including copyright, in the photograph to the Sponsor and waiving his/her moral rights in the photograph. If a potential winner is under the age of majority, his/her parent or legal guardian must also sign and return the declaration of eligibility and release form.
8. Indemnity: By participating in this Contest, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buyers and promotional agencies from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of action, or losses of any kind (including but not limited to lawyers' fees) arising out of or relating to your participation in the Contest; your receipt or use of any prize; your violation of any term of these Contest rules; your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; or any claim that your submission caused any type of damage to a third party.
10. Banning: The Sponsor may, in their sole discretion, prohibit any person from entering the Contest whom it believes to be abusing the rules. Such abuse includes entering false information and voting more times than is permitted under these Contest rules.
11. Other: Odds of winning depend on the number and caliber of eligible entries received. This Contest is governed by the laws of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein and is void where prohibited by law. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest or the Contest rules at any time without notice. All prizes must be accepted as awarded, are non-transferable and are not convertible to cash. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize or portion of the prize with a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are awarded as-is and no warranties or guarantees are implied or expressed. Sponsor are not liable for any lost, late, misdirected or stolen entries or inability to process entries, or any errors, damage or negligence that may arise in connection with this Contest, including technical failures on any website or software, viruses, website disruptions, malfunctions or website down-time, human error or property damage incurred by any Contest entrant. Sponsor are not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. Use of any automated system including robotic or form-filling software to enter or participate in this Contest is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all entries by anyone using such assistance. If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address provided at time of entry. Authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
12. Facebook Disclaimer and Release: This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Inc. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook, Inc. Any questions, comments or complaints must be directed to the Sponsor, and not to Facebook, Inc. By participating in the Contest, each entrant releases and agrees to indemnify Facebook, Inc. and hold it harmless from and against any and all costs, claims, damages, (including, without limitation, any special, incidental or consequential damages), or any other injury, whether due to negligence or otherwise, to person(s) or property (including, without limitation, death or violation of any personal rights, such as violation of right of publicity/privacy, libel, or slander), due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Contest, or arising out of participation in any Contest-related or prize-related activity, or the receipt, enjoyment, participation in, use or misuse, of any Contest or prize-related activity, whether hosted by Sponsor or a third party.
- www.siriusxm.com - Enter Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival 2017 SiriusXM Sweepstakes for Trip to California for Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival 2017 ($4,550)
- womansday.com/sweepstakes - Enter Hello Catalonia Hotels & Resorts Giveaway to Win a Free Trip
- www.pinesol.com/promotions/music-to-clean-to - Enter Pine Sol Sound of Smell Sweepstakes for Spotify Premium 1-Year Subscription
- www.lulus.com/contest - Enter Lulus Pet Selfie Contest to Win A $1000 Shopping Spree
- Ritani.com/sweepstakes - Enter Ritani Engagement Ring Sweepstakes for a Chance to Win $5,000 Jewelry
- www.tellmurphyusa.com - Enter Murphy USA Survey Sweepstakes to Win $100 Gas Card
- www.dgcustomerfirst.com - Enter Dollar General Customer Survey Sweepstakes to Win $500 Cash
- www.shell.ca/opinion - Enter to Win Shell Customer Survey Sweepstakes $500 Gift Card
- www.picknsaveexperience.com - Enter Pick'n Save Survey Sweepstakes to Win $5,000 Gift Cards
- www.mycfavisit.com - Take the Chick-fil-A Customer Experience Survey to Get a Validation Code